Friday, February 20, 2009

Dear Digger,

You are the cutest little thing. I love you dearly even though you have only been with us for a short period of time. We try to have your needs met. You have a nice home to burrow in, food, water and a chew toy along with your wheel. I just want to bring some things to your attention and explain to you why you have been removed from our bedroom.

First of all, you tricked me. You were very good to sleep through the night the first few nights home. You stayed quiet and let us sleep. However, you seem to find your wheel the last few nights. It didn't really bother me at first. This was until you started training for the hamster marathon. That kind of made me want to open your cage and let the cats chase you to help you train. But, thankfully you stopped for a few and let me drift back off into sleep.

That was until you decided to play rock band as you climbed up the side of your cage. I understand that climbing up the side of the cage is a good way for exercise. I get that you want to stay trim and fit, but you are a hamster, you look good with a little pudge. We did buy you a cage that has a nice little ladder in it, so you could easily climb to get your food. It is just not used to go down, I promise.

So, because you kept mommy up at 4am the other day, your new place of residence is our living room. We made sure to put you up nice and high where your fur siblings can not reach you. I know the spotted looking one keeps staring at you, but I promise, its just because she is intrigued. I will not let her eat you. I hope that your new place of residence fits you well. I actually got a great nights sleep last night. I hope yours was just as pleasant.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment